Re: [opensuse-buildservice] using intel icc for build
On Saturday 10 September 2011, Roger Luedecke wrote:

This sound incredibly reasonable and sane. I think we should look
into including the intel compiler in OBS.

I don't think Intel will allow to install it globally on OBS, see my
first posted link to the license FAQ about "group project".

But anyway I'am going to ask intel these questions:

1. I have signed up for a non-commercial license. Am I allowed to
install it on a public build farm where it's only usable by myself
but compiled packages could be published?

2. Is it theoretically possible to get a kind of non-commercial group
license for the OBS project? If not, how much would be the very
roughly estimated expenses in case we could get a sponsor for a
commercial license.

(Of course I will point out that I am asking for my own interest and not
on behalf of the openSUSE project.)

If at least 1. would be positive answered then I'am sure we could
discuss regarding OBS rules whether and how individual OBS packagers
could use their icc on OBS.

cu,
Rudi