[opensuse-buildservice] Slow http performance
Greetings:

We are using osc, version 131, to download binary files from a build repo (osc
getbinaries).

We are noticing 2x performance differences in download speeds on different
OBS2.1 service hosts. The disk io speeds & bit transfer rates to storage are
exactly the same on both hosts (verified with dd calls). The osc download
requests are to local host services. On the slow performer, I see ruby trace
calls referencing '_session' variables, as well as a 'Cookie' reference.

We don't see this problem on an old OBS1.6 installation.
We thought disabling ssl checks (sslcertck=0) would speed up the transfer - but
this makes no difference.

Here's the html header:
send: 'GET /build/Project:700: Builder_2/rhel5/i586/......4.1.el5.i386.rpm
HTTP/1.1\r\nAccept-Encoding: identity\r\nHost: obs-......com\r\nCookie:
opensuse_webclient_session=0blongkey;
_frontend_session=BAlongkey--65bblongkey\r\nConnection: close\r\nUser-Agent:
osc/0.131\r\n\r\n'

The traceroute calls all have a single hop to the local host. We are using ssl
encryption.

Any ideas as to how we might tune this - or what could be causing these
differences in download speed?

Thanks.

Jeff Glanz
Dell | PG Release Engineering Team