Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Nonfree packages on OBS
On 26/08/11 00:45, Malcolm wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 00:37:25 +0100
Tejas Guruswamy<tejas.guruswamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've noticed some non-free packages being built on the OBS - for
example flash-player, wireless drivers e.g. broadcom-wl, dubious
media packages e.g. ffmpeg, and many more mentioned as forbidden on
the wiki

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_application_blacklist

In addition to being questionable legally, it's not really in the
spirit of the OBS to upload binary blobs anyway.

While I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, it would suck if anyone got
into trouble for this, especially SUSE. So what is the best way to
deal with this? Do we email the users? If they don't respond, should
admins delete packages?

Maybe an automatic blacklist could be implemented when creating a
package, to prevent the most common forbidden packages being uploaded?

Also, I think part of the problem is that there is no workflow for
people who want to help update packages in openSUSE:*:NonFree. How
can, if at all, a user contribute to those packages without breaking
the rules? Is, for example, creating a branch allowed?

Regards,
Tejas
Hi
If I come across them, hit the 'request delete' point them to the
relevant blacklist etc in the request comment and then if it's not done,
ping someone on IRC to delete...

Maybe we need a 'report' type button so the appropriate people can
remove?

I have seen them too.
Someone bumped their /home: build in to a thread in the forum about using the _64 beta flash