[opensuse-buildservice] Nonfree packages on OBS
I've noticed some non-free packages being built on the OBS - for example flash-player, wireless drivers e.g. broadcom-wl, dubious media packages e.g. ffmpeg, and many more mentioned as forbidden on the wiki

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_application_blacklist

In addition to being questionable legally, it's not really in the spirit of the OBS to upload binary blobs anyway.

While I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, it would suck if anyone got into trouble for this, especially SUSE. So what is the best way to deal with this? Do we email the users? If they don't respond, should admins delete packages?

Maybe an automatic blacklist could be implemented when creating a package, to prevent the most common forbidden packages being uploaded?

Also, I think part of the problem is that there is no workflow for people who want to help update packages in openSUSE:*:NonFree. How can, if at all, a user contribute to those packages without breaking the rules? Is, for example, creating a branch allowed?

Regards,
Tejas