[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Another cleanup round on build.opensuse.org
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:34:07 +0200
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Please excuse the cross post.

I want to do another clean up round in OBS as done end of last year:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2010-11/msg00218.html

Again repositories of projects which did not saw a change since quite
some time will get removed. Unlike last year, only source changes are
taken into account.

This will affect 2.329 home projects and 74 other projects out of
20.846 projects.

Please review the following list of projects and speak up when you
don't want to get the repositories removed:

non-home projects:
http://www.suse.de/~adrian/OBS-remove-list-candidates

home projects:
http://www.suse.de/~adrian/OBS-remove-list-candidates-home

The FAQ from last time:

Why remove repos and not just disable the build ?
This will free disk space on our servers and also on all mirrors. As
result we can be mirrored more easily.

Will any source get lost ?
No.

How to enable it again ?
Just add the wanted repos again.

There is a project which has not been touched, but the repos are
still anyway important !
Just drop me a mail ....

Why not drop the entire project now that we have an undelete
function ? I thought about that, but currently the webui just says
that the project does not exist.
It is not able to show the former content and does not offer to
undelete it, so that might be too agressive for now.

Why not drop people a mail and ask them to remove it ?
Way too many accounts have no valid email adress and past experience
showed that people do often not react when they lost interesst in
their project.

My plan is to do the removal next week, except more discussion about
this is needed.

Just tell me your opinion, also when you support this ;)

thanks
adrian

Hi Adrian
I have two on the list, home:malcolmlewis (around 800 downloads) and
home:malcolmlewis:Fonts (around 5100 downloads) based on coolo's list.

Since home:malcolmlewis is my main project, won't that delete all
underlying sub-projects?

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop