[opensuse-buildservice] [gsoc] Archlinux backend for OBS final evaluations report
Hello, all!

This mail is final evaluations report for my project.
Unfortunately not all initial goals [from my proposal] were done due
to my illness, but I have some results which I want to present.

Overall "what is done":
- Arch module for "build" which can:
* parse PKGBUILDs and extract dependencies
* parse .PKGINFO files from .pkg.tar.?z pakages and get info about it
- Helper script, which gets repository metadata and prints information
about packages in build corresponding format (package metadata parsing
functions are also in arch module, so anyone can use them if needed)
- Setup of Archlinux-specific build environment in init_buildsystem
- Actual build in "build" script

Now Archlinux backend is able to do _standalone_ builds.
It's interesting, but it's not what we want.
Of course I'll continue my work to fully integrate Archlinux support
to OBS (independently of final evaluations results and after end of
this GSoC).
Now I plan to add support to libsatsolver [1] and integrate into OBS
[2] (after polishing of the backend, see below).

Some notes about current implementation: it's not ideal.
I see some bugs with dependency tracking (maybe we need to improve
common code used for all distros, don't sure).
Also it lacks support of multi-package PKGBUILD's and repos with not
official-like structure.
See TODO for more information [3].

Code is still located in my personal repo on gitorious (I think it's
not ready yet to be merged with opensuse offcial repo) [4].

If you have any questions, suggestions or anything else — feel free to
contact me.

[1] https://gitorious.org/opensuse/sat-solver
[2] https://gitorious.org/opensuse/build-service
[3]
https://gitorious.org/~madgnu/opensuse/madgnu-archlinux-build/blobs/master/TODO
[4] https://gitorious.org/~madgnu/opensuse/madgnu-archlinux-build

PS: I want to say *big thanks* to my mentor, Michael Schröder, and
also to Sascha Peilicke and Adrian Schröter.

--
wbr,
Nikolay