[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Patching a specfile?
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:23:24 -0600
On 2011-08-17 08:26:25 +0000, Adrian Schröter said:

Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011, 14:02:06 schrieb Troy Telford:
I've got a number of packages I'm using the source service for.

I'm downloading both the tarball and specfile using the source service.

There is a problem, however: I need a few changes to the specfile to
be able to actually build in OBS. (Things like %setup -n %{name} vs
%setup -q)

Is there currently a way to have OBS apply a patch to a specfile before
running the build?

no, there isn't atm.

You may want to write such a service which allows to apply patches :)

I suspected that would be the case, and that is in fact what I did.

However, in this case I think it is better to modify the upstream spec file
or to work on a copy.

The problem is we have to support multiple build systems, and it's not desirable (at this time) to have every specfile updated to support both; instead, the plan is to have a patch necessary for OBS builds, and store the specfile alongside the original specfile.

--
Troy Telford