Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Patching a specfile?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:26:25 +0200
Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011, 14:02:06 schrieb Troy Telford:
I've got a number of packages I'm using the source service for.

I'm downloading both the tarball and specfile using the source service.

There is a problem, however: I need a few changes to the specfile to
be able to actually build in OBS. (Things like %setup -n %{name} vs
%setup -q)

Is there currently a way to have OBS apply a patch to a specfile before
running the build?

no, there isn't atm.

You may want to write such a service which allows to apply patches :)

However, in this case I think it is better to modify the upstream spec file
or to work on a copy.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH