Re: [opensuse-buildservice] copy/move a package with history
  • From: "Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)" <dominig.arfoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:17:57 +0200

Is there a way to copy/move a package to a new project WITH the package's
commit history on OBS?
To my knownledge there is no ready made solution. The only solution that
I can see would be to create a script which parse the output of an osc
log command (as I do with obstag command). It does require to have a
login on the OBS (an access via a link using the public API will not
provide visibility on the Log).

Once that you have the history in the format of an obstag you can can
use the command obs2obscopy to copy the various versions of the package
one by one (get them in the right order : the oldest must be at the
beginning of the tag.

Info on obstag and obs2obscopy -> http://wiki.meego.com/Obstag

--

Dominig ar Foll