Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Logo

On 03.08.2011, at 16:59, Sascha Peilicke wrote:

On Wednesday 03 August 2011 14:07:35 Robert Lihm wrote:
Hello All!

I made a new logo for the OBS [1]. The second variant in the PNG is mainly
for cases like e.g. ads, banners, etc. Where the logo is small/tiny.

Hope you like it ;-)
I like the font, reminds me of old computer game greatness. Others than that,
people seem to think it's programmers art, says it all ;-)

That was, what I had in mind when I picked the font. The OBS is an IT tool. And
I wanted to give it a kind of game-character. So that it looks more like fun
then like serious hard business.

Well, the factory scheme isn't bad, maybe it should be more colorful and
either involve ponies like http://djangopony.com/ or Minecraft-style blocks.

One could even imagine the Packaging Pig mascot, it would be cubical and
elitist! Take this Minecraft pig party as an inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqPbd8vOdtU&playnext=1&list=PLCD6B59E0BD54F238

Cool! Very inspiring! :-)

Also, it could have a looks like the infamous Nyan Cat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4&feature=related

The Nayan Cat is nice!

Don't forget, we want colors!

Sure we can make it with more colourful. Any colour wishes?

Cheers,

Robert

PS: Thank you for the good and helpful criticism!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sascha Peilicke

---

Robert Lihm, Webdesigner - openSUSE Boosters Team
Tel: +49-911-74053-0 - rlihm@xxxxxxx