[opensuse-buildservice] Using the Open build service as part of the Debian Mentors process
Hi Open Build Service folks,

I'm working on setting up some new web software for Debian
packaging contributors. I heard about the Open Build Service
here at the Desktop Summit, and I wondered:

Can we programmatically upload prospective Debian contributors'
source packages to the Open Build Service, have OBS do a package
build, and then run package quality tests on the resulting *.deb
files?

Right now, we don't actually *compile* Debian contributors' source
packages -- they just upload them to http://expo.debian.net/. It
would be really great to add some code to that website that would
use OBS to build the packages -- by doing that, we can show the
package contributors if their packages build properly!

So this has two parts: First, is it technically posssible? And
second, is this a use that would be okay?

Thanks,

-- Asheesh.