Re: [opensuse-buildservice] sending notifs without hermes?
On 04/08/11 00:49, Robert Xu wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible that the OBS can send notifications
to a certain mailing list whenever something is checked in a project,
like opensuse-commits, but without hermes. Is that possible? Like
writing a plugin or a plugin already available (that would be really
great) to send the system a mail command or something...

Well, a general notification system is a complex beast; you may be better just catching an event and sending a mail and then looking at something like Hermes or BOSS later.

OBS has a 'lightly' documented event system which Hermes uses and which we tie into from BOSS.

https://gitorious.org/opensuse/build-service/trees/master/src/backend/plugins

https://gitorious.org/opensuse/build-service/blobs/master/src/backend/BSConfig.pm.template#line51

http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Infrastructure/BOSS/OBS_Event_List

You want the SRCSRV_COMMIT but notice there are interactions with the SRCSRV_REQUEST_* ones.

Note that the first part of the name helps identify the daemon that emits the
event.

We're hoping to document the existing events better and extend with some useful additions.

FYI #meego-boss on freenode reports some events from the MeeGo community OBS. We also have project/room specific irc-bots that talk about request state changes.

HTH

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."