[opensuse-buildservice] [gsoc] osc code cleanup – summary of week 8
Hi,

here's a small summary of the 8th (coding) week. This week I spent
most of my time with rewriting the working copy code.
Done:
- added support to add and delete packages
- added some "abstractions" for the tracking file format:
currently packages and files are tracked in a xml file
- thought about the package update algorithm. Basically
it'll work like this (simplified version):
- perform update in a tmpdir (phase 1)
- if the tmp update finished, copy/rename all files to
the wc (phase 2)

Advantage:
If the update is interrupted in phase 1 the wc wasn't touched
at all and nothing should be broken.
If the update is interrupted in phase 2 the wc is _inconsistent_
but a subsequent "update" call can resume the update and everything
should be consistent again (in this case only files are
copied/renamed (no remote access is needed))

TODO:
- implement update + commit algorithm

If everything works as expected most parts of working copy code
cleanup should be finished after this week.

Marcus