[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:01:28 +0200
present: mls, speilicke, lrupp, adrian, mmaier

Topics:
* build.opensuse.org speed issues.
* Improved diff support.
* OBS 2.3.

build.opensuse.org speed issues
===============================

Speed improvements for scheduler:
* mls will rewrite the way built packages are handled after 2.3 release,
to reduce the time jobs stay in "finished". This seems to be the cause
for most of the complaints.

* Backend servers upgrade still WIP, but new hardware is ready

* build03 will become a dedicated product build host to unload the scheduler
host

* On the long run, we will cluster the scheduling hosts.

api/mysql speed improvement due to different sorting algorithm.
We are about to drop collection rules and use MySQL native sorting algorithm,
which
seems to be much faster.
A db migration for that is planed, but we need to check if that conflicts with
rails mechanisms.

Improved diff support
=====================

Maintenance review process requires an improved diff support. All actions of a
request needs
to be diffed.

We nedd support in backend for:
* diffing output format in XML which
- defines new files
- removed files
- changed files, including the diff
* support for diffing per request action

webui and osc need to be able show these on maintenance incident and release
requests.

Sascha and mls will follow up.

OBS 2.3
=======

We will branch 2.3 soon to allow new feature developments. But we will not
release
2.3 as final until the openSUSE maintenance process has moved to it.
We will roll a beta 3 this week.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH