[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] [gsoc] osc code cleanup - summary of week 6
Le lundi 04 juillet 2011, à 14:15 +0200, Marcus Hüwe a écrit :
TODO:
- rewrite the project and package working copy classes:
* the new working copy format will be incompatible with the current
format.
* the basic layout will look like this:
prj

---> .osc/ (stores prj _and_ pkg metadata)

---> pkg1

---> <files>

---> pkgN

---> <files>

I don't know about others, but this doesn't fit my usage of osc: I
actually dislike that, by default, we reproduce the prj/pkg/ hierarchy
and I prefer a "flat" view of things: I usually check out all packages
in the same directory (osc co -c).

My rationale for that is that I work (99% of the time) on packages that
will end in openSUSE:Factory, and while I know the devel projects and
all this, when checking out a package, I don't care if it comes from
GNOME:Apps, GNOME:Factory, multimedia:libs or Base:System. I will care
about devel projects when I think "should I push the changes from
GNOME:Factory to openSUSE:Factory?", but not when I think "should I do
this change in the package?".

So, hrm, is there hope for me? :-)

(of course, there are cases when I use the prj/pkg/ hierarchy, but
that's mostly when dealing with maintenance updates)

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.