[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:19:36 +0200
present: lrupp, speilicke, mls, adrian

Topics:
=======

* BOSS
* OBS 2.3 release
* Current problems

BOSS
====

Sascha looked in BOSS, a project that is part of Meego, regarding it's
Continuous
Integeration (CI) facilities. As far as we understood the concept, BOSS is
mainly about testing build results (thus, packages) in an CI-environment. It
also includes a workflow-engine and certain architecture around both.

However, our primary goal is to to move the OBS source code test suite away
from our current local solution to a CI-infrastructure. Currently, this
doesn't include running tests on packages. BOSS solves therefore an
orthogonal issue.

Therfore we decided to stay with Jenkins to pursue or CI needs. It is a
logical choice, given it's usage and maturity. BOSS may provide a future
option for the OBS QA support.

OBS 2.3 release
===============

Lacking fixes for Beta 3:
* webui has trouble with xpath engine, Sascha is looking inside

The full workflow to releasing a maintenance update is working via osc.

We will meet with maintenance team to discuss next steps in preparing openSUSE
Build
Service setup.

Current problems
================

* ruby is crashing in garbage collector sometimes, coolo is debugging, adrian
will
try with ruby 1.9

* ia64 builds need a temporary hack to include ia64 packages built on i586
arch.
(clean solution is discussed)

* almost 2 GB tar balls can't be handled by ruby stack

* build result of 2GB rpms is stalling at signing (may be caused due to rpm
2GB limit)

SUSE Linux Products GmbH