[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:19:36 +0200
present: lrupp, speilicke, mls, adrian

* OBS 2.3 release
* Current problems

Sascha looked in BOSS, a project that is part of Meego, regarding it's
Integeration (CI) facilities. As far as we understood the concept, BOSS is
mainly about testing build results (thus, packages) in an CI-environment. It
also includes a workflow-engine and certain architecture around both.

However, our primary goal is to to move the OBS source code test suite away
from our current local solution to a CI-infrastructure. Currently, this
doesn't include running tests on packages. BOSS solves therefore an
orthogonal issue.

Therfore we decided to stay with Jenkins to pursue or CI needs. It is a
logical choice, given it's usage and maturity. BOSS may provide a future
option for the OBS QA support.

OBS 2.3 release

Lacking fixes for Beta 3:
* webui has trouble with xpath engine, Sascha is looking inside

The full workflow to releasing a maintenance update is working via osc.

We will meet with maintenance team to discuss next steps in preparing openSUSE
Service setup.

Current problems

* ruby is crashing in garbage collector sometimes, coolo is debugging, adrian
try with ruby 1.9

* ia64 builds need a temporary hack to include ia64 packages built on i586
(clean solution is discussed)

* almost 2 GB tar balls can't be handled by ruby stack

* build result of 2GB rpms is stalling at signing (may be caused due to rpm
2GB limit)

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH