Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS mobile: project / package view changes
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:03:41 +0200
Am Monday, 27. June 2011, 14:54:55 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
On Monday 27 June 2011 14:33:14 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Monday, 27. June 2011, 14:23:17 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
On Monday 27 June 2011 13:49:52 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Friday, 24. June 2011, 11:58:33 schrieb Justine Leng:
Hi all,

I'm working on improving the project / package views in OBS mobile.
There are a few changes I'd like to propose and discuss. It would be
great to find out if they would help make OBS mobile more efficient
and powerful to the mobile client users before final implementation.

Discussion is also posted on my blog:
http://obsforandroid.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/obs-mobile-package-page
-mak eover/

1. Add “Project Status” on the project view page to indicate the
overall real-time status of this project, possibly categorized as
follows:

- Stable: project is ready for end-users to use.
- Testing: project should work from a developer’s point of view, but
needs more testing.
- Development: project is in a random state; it might work.
- Private: project is not intended for public use.

Makes absolut sense. however we should do so in all front-ends in then
and store the data in api.

It seems you found the fate entry already :)

https://features.opensuse.org/306232

I can add such an attribute with these 4 allowed values to OBS code
base, so that every frontend can use it.

Is OBS:QualityCategory a good attribute name ?

Please, not another attribute. This really belongs into the 'Project'
model, thus we should store this in the project meta instead, probably
as an attribtute.

We can handle it via the model, but I don't see a reason why we should do
an incompatible change (what would happen if we add this to project meta).
Nothing really, until someone (e.g. webui) starts using it.

QualityCategory should be a seperate generic model with fixtures mapping to
the proposed categories. Project and package models would have a foreign key
on it. To stay with OBS' way of displaying data in meta files, we would add
named attribute, maybe like this:

<project name="foo" quality="stable">

that would already block all remote instances to use this project.

</project>

The webui could simply check if that new (XML) attribute is present in the
meta XML and display sth. accordingly, like we do with project types.

An independent model allows re-using it for other OBS primitives (think of
builds, repos, whatever) and allows to (efficiently) count all stuff of a
certain quality level.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH