Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Dependency issues with the RPM removal check
On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 03:09:35PM +0200, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
Le 20/06/2011 20:24, Michael E Brown a écrit :
I've run into this myself. Older versions of RPM dont strictly order RPM
removal, and sometimes ignore requires(post,postun) when removing
packages. I dont remember specifically what I did to fix this, though.
Its likely that I did something in the %postun scripts to make them fail
gracefully when run in the wrong order.
--

Hello,

I get the same conclusion as you : Doing some tests in %postun block
like in order to force the script to exit with the correct return code
but i don't think it's really proper :(

IMHO uninstall scripts should almost always exit with status zero.
In most cases the work done in uninstall scriptlets is not critical,
and it's really bad to kill the transaction for some minor error.

M.