Re: [opensuse-buildservice] supporting different versions of a package in one project
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:18:05 +0200
Am Tuesday, 21. June 2011, 10:57:20 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

I'm running into a nasty issue in one of my OBS projects.

OBS supports to have the same package in different versions within one
project basically. I'm using that since years but now I'm running into a
special case which is not supported. So I would consider it a bug but
wanted to bring it up here (maybe someone knows about a workaround).

I have one package in two versions within one project but now I have two
versions of another package where one requires the older version to
build and the other requires the newer version to build.

That can't work in the same repository right now.

You can provide multiple versions of one rpm in the repository, but you
can only build against one version in a defined way.

You need to create two repos and enable/disable the versions you need there.

So I've specified versioned dependencies in BuildRequires but that is
not sufficient. They are actually taken into account but now I get
"unresolvable" for the older package as it doesn't find the previous
version apparently.

So could we support this case in future? And does anybody know a
workaround to that? Otherwise I won't be able to release Firefox 5 in
the mozilla repository w/o removing all older versions what I don't want
to do.

Wolfgang

SUSE Linux Products GmbH