[opensuse-buildservice] Packaging PHP
Hi,

I'm currently packaging some PHP-pear packages, and am looking for resources in
how-to package PHP. There is some old documentation at
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Packaging/PHP , which seem not to be fully correct
for the build-service, the main documentation at
http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=openSUSE:Packaging_PHP is still empty.

What I'm looking for is some path, which should be provided from the OBS;
Fedora provides the following macros:

%{pear_phpdir}
%{pear_xmldir}
%{__pear}

OBS seem to use the following Macros, as I have discovered e.g. in
php5-pear-Date.

%{php_peardir}
%{php_pearxmldir}
%{__pear}

but I can't use those macros in my home projects. Currently I define them using

%define __pear %{_bindir}/pear
%define php_peardir %(pear config-get php_dir 2> /dev/null)
%define php_pearxmldir /var/lib/pear

Are there any hints, how to package PHP correctly? Is there any specific reason
why OBS doesn't use the same macros as Fedora?

Please enlighten me...

Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer