Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Dependency issues with the RPM removal check
  • From: Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:24:34 -0500
On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 17:14 -0500, Olivier BONHOMME wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to build some PHP applications packages. The applications is
composed a main application and lots of plugins.

Considering that, I created a specfile with generates several packages :
One for the main app and others for plugins and the RPM plugins depends
from the main app RPM.

So in my specfile, I used the keywords Requires(post) and
Requires(postun) for the plugins RPM to have dependencies on the main
app. I use post and postun because the plugins needs to execute a script
provided my the main app RPM.

I imported the SPEC file in OBS and unfortunately there is an issue for
the SLES 10 distribution : The remove task fails because a dependency issue.

Indeed, it seems that even with the requires keyword, the remove script
removes the main app RPM before plugin and it that case the execution
script in %postun fails because the script is missing.

The more strange thing is that this issue happens only for the SLES10
distribution.

I talked about this issue on IRC and I heard that it could be a bug. So
is it really a bug or am I doing something worng.

If it is a bug, is there a workaround in order to build correctly the
package ?

I've run into this myself. Older versions of RPM dont strictly order RPM
removal, and sometimes ignore requires(post,postun) when removing
packages. I dont remember specifically what I did to fix this, though.
Its likely that I did something in the %postun scripts to make them fail
gracefully when run in the wrong order.
--
Michael