Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Source services and recompression of tar balls
On Thursday, June 16, 2011 01:48:26 PM Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Thursday, 16. June 2011, 13:41:23 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
My source tarballs was recompressed from tar.gz to tar.bz2 - how is this
handle this?

download_files would be able to handle this, but we discussed before that
we want to have the original tar ball instead.

The size of src.rpms are not that critical anymore (we don't produce
medias) and it is more important to see that one can compare it with
upstream.

Ok - then let's document all of this, please! This is a changed policy and I'd
like to have it mentioned on the wiki besides the information about source
services in Factory.

The spec file contains:
Source3:
http://fileschanged.sourceforge.net/fileschanged-%fc_version.tar.bz2

But this is wrong, since only the tar.gz is available there. What's the
proper fix for this?

I am fixing this package right now btw ... (it is mine ;)

Thanks!
Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE
aj@{novell.com,suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi