Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OSC access in anonymous
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:51:37 +0200
Am Wednesday, 15. June 2011, 21:01:46 schrieb Dominig ar Foll:
Hi,

I need to copy package from an OBS where I have no login.
The Web UI accept anonymous connection and I can create a link on my
private OBS to point on that remote OBS anonymously.

What I do not know ho wto do, is to run an osc ls command on the remote
OBS anonymously to extract the package name and create a loop in my script.

Any idea how to do so ?

we don't support this. There is sometimes some of the routes behind the /public
route configured but this only for OBS interconnects. Don't rely on this.

api and backend resources are for devlopers in first place and not for
downloaders or any
remote scripts which can bring down your server via doing complex requests.
(Authentificated request can be blocked per user and we don't have to disable
entire networks. The anonymous webui does not allow expensive calls.).

The request of having a anonymous api.o.o is coming regulary (esp. by app
developers
who want to offer OBS interaction without the need of user handling). IMHO
someone could
implement this via creating a cached proxy. This instance can be configured as
anonymous read-only host then with OBS 2.3 servers.
In case someone wants to work on this, please speak up :)

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH