[opensuse-buildservice] [Seeking Feedback] OBS mobile: request page makeover
  • From: "Justine L." <justineleng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:42:11 -0500
Greetings,

Hope all is well. :)

I'm a GSoC'11 student working on the OBS mobile client for Android, and
I have a few ideas about improving the Request page. I figured some
feedback from the community would be very helpful, especially from
those who use OBS regularly.

(A blog discussion & more vivid visual illustration of this can be
found
at: http://obsforandroid.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/obs-mobile-request-page
-makeover/ )

At this moment, when we open up the OBS mobile and click on Requests,
it takes us directly to the list of requests
(http://img.susepaste.org/64883370). How would it look if we were to
replace the list with some buttons on this page, e.g., View All
Requests, Add Request, Search (http://img.susepaste.org/48027969)?

Do you think this is a good place to Add Requests? I heard that new
requests were often related to packages, so I wonder if it might make
more sense to place "Add Requests" on the Package view page.

Would it be useful to have a Search button here?

So, when a user taps "View All Requests," the screen would slide over
to display the entire list of requests
(http://img.susepaste.org/95818729).

I was thinking about adding some sorting functions here to show an
ordered list of requests. Should the list be automatically sorted
alphabetically or chronologically upon loading, or should there be some
buttons on the page which the user could tap and sort
himself/herself? How about a sort based on the request's status, e.g.,
accepted, declined, pending?

Then, when the user taps on a specific request, instead of showing the
original 3 collapsible functions
(http://img.susepaste.org/77504424), the screen displays 4 collapsible
buttons: Actions, Info, History, and
Diff. (http://img.susepaste.org/95372228) Tapping the Actions button
will expand it to display the 4 possible actions on a request: Accept,
Decline, Modify, and Delete. (http://img.susepaste.org/67877982)

How does this look? Is it more convenient & user-friendly?

Also, do you think we should implement a mobile view
for https://build.opensuse.org/home/my_work, for a better makeover of
this Request page?

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome! :)

Best regards,
~ Justine