Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Specification for OBS light project concept
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:27:35 +0200
Am Tuesday, 14. June 2011, 10:53:47 schrieb Dominig ar Foll:
Hello,

those who have discussed with me during the MeeGo Conference in San
Francisco, know that I have started a small project to create a Light
version of OBS.

The goal of the project is to ease the access to OBS for embedded
developers and initial investigation team which have to select an
embedded OS, by creating a tool which follows their traditional
development process (working locally in chroot) but keeps the
compatibility with the OBS.

Some of the module that we are planning could potentially be of interest
for the real OBS (called Full OBS in my spec). In particular the the
automatic creation of patch files from a modified chroot and the UI for
MIC2 could become generic features. All created new code will be GPL2.

Your feedback is welcome. All discussion will take place on the MeeGo
distribution-tools mailing list.

The file is on the MeeGo Wiki.

http://wiki.meego.com/images/SpecOBSLight-1_V-0-6.pdf

I had a brief look and I did not understand if you plan to use just
the "build" script directly or if you are about to invent something else.

The build script can be used complete standalone at least or embeeded in osc
local builds or obs service side builds.

So is it a problem that an OBS server exists at all for these developers ?
Or would it be find to do a local build via "osc build" in chroot using the
resources from a remote OBS server ?

SUSE Linux Products GmbH