[opensuse-buildservice] Specification for OBS light project concept
Hello,

those who have discussed with me during the MeeGo Conference in San
Francisco, know that I have started a small project to create a Light
version of OBS.

The goal of the project is to ease the access to OBS for embedded
developers and initial investigation team which have to select an
embedded OS, by creating a tool which follows their traditional
development process (working locally in chroot) but keeps the
compatibility with the OBS.

Some of the module that we are planning could potentially be of interest
for the real OBS (called Full OBS in my spec). In particular the the
automatic creation of patch files from a modified chroot and the UI for
MIC2 could become generic features. All created new code will be GPL2.

Your feedback is welcome. All discussion will take place on the MeeGo
distribution-tools mailing list.

The file is on the MeeGo Wiki.

http://wiki.meego.com/images/SpecOBSLight-1_V-0-6.pdf

--