[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] New Source Service mode actived!
On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 10:19:42AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
But I'm getting the build system error "services only work on branches"
when trying to link in a package that contains a branch (i.e. the osc
package itself into openSUSE:Tumbleweed).

Is this just a side-affect of a package link that I shouldn't do for
source packages, or a bug somewhere else?

That's a limitation of the way source services are implemented
currently. Source services run on the commited files. Unlike
branches with contain the complete filelist, links just contain
the _link element and some patches. That's not enough to run
a source service, so they are forbidden for links.

This limitation existed since source services were added, it
has nothing to do with the recent change.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg