Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS, far more work then on Launchpad for Ubuntu
On 05/26/2011 01:35 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Thursday, 26. May 2011, 12:45:45 schrieb peer:
On 05/26/2011 12:36 PM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
On Thursday 26 May 2011 12:25:23 peer wrote:
On 05/26/2011 11:18 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Since these are anyway a moving target, what about if you Debian/Ubuntu
builder people found a project, let's say Debian:Support where you
maintain such packages and build for all (needed) Debian and Ubuntu
distros.

So you can have a common pool for such packages and you do not rely on
me personally.

I would create such a project and hand over to you, if let's say at
least three persons are willing to work on that.

does this sound like a plan ?
Yep, that sounds perfect
Sounds like a unpractical and cumbersome solution to me. Maybe I am
missing something, but why not enable 'universe' (as an option) as default?
Just as Adrian said, currently we're not allowed to host _all_ content that is
in Ubuntu's universe/multiverse repositories, mainly due to license and patent
issues. That's essentially the same reason why we're not hosting rpmfusion for
Fedora.

Until the OBS is hostet in a country where this doesn't matter we're bound to
german law.
I understand that multiverse is a problem. But why universe, that is all
free software.
The last time I checked it contained definitive some packages part of our black
list
(containg ffmpeg inside of the application and so on).
Could you be more precise here? Which packages are you talking about?
ALso, it was a moving target. I will not import such a repo binary wise,
because I would
need permanently updating it.
Such repo's gets updates automatically right?

Regards,
~P