Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS, far more work then on Launchpad for Ubuntu
On 05/26/2011 09:50 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Thursday, 26. May 2011, 09:33:55 schrieb Claudio Freire:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
And I lack the time to review all the packages. But if there are just a number
of
urgently needed packages, I can import just these.
From my experience, sdl-dev, openal-dev, libbost-dev and friends are
usually missing on many debian-based distributions.
I frequently have to add them.

In fact, in xUbuntu 11.04, I'm getting "nothing provides
libopenal-dev", even though it's supposed to be there according to
packages.ubuntu.com
That are just universe packages.

Since these are anyway a moving target, what about if you Debian/Ubuntu builder
people
found a project, let's say Debian:Support where you maintain such packages and
build for all
(needed) Debian and Ubuntu distros.

So you can have a common pool for such packages and you do not rely on me
personally.

I would create such a project and hand over to you, if let's say at least three
persons
are willing to work on that.

does this sound like a plan ?
See my previous mail. If OBS would (offer the option to) enable the universe repo by default, the problem will be solved, we don't have to make another project and we don't rely on Adrian.

~P