Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS, far more work then on Launchpad for Ubuntu
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:50:56 +0200
Am Thursday, 26. May 2011, 09:33:55 schrieb Claudio Freire:
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
And I lack the time to review all the packages. But if there are just a
number of
urgently needed packages, I can import just these.

From my experience, sdl-dev, openal-dev, libbost-dev and friends are
usually missing on many debian-based distributions.
I frequently have to add them.

In fact, in xUbuntu 11.04, I'm getting "nothing provides
libopenal-dev", even though it's supposed to be there according to
packages.ubuntu.com

That are just universe packages.

Since these are anyway a moving target, what about if you Debian/Ubuntu builder
people
found a project, let's say Debian:Support where you maintain such packages and
build for all
(needed) Debian and Ubuntu distros.

So you can have a common pool for such packages and you do not rely on me
personally.

I would create such a project and hand over to you, if let's say at least three
persons
are willing to work on that.

does this sound like a plan ?
adrian