Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Importing rubygem-json to my project
On Tuesday 17 May 2011 19:14:08 Robert Riemann wrote:
Hi all,

my project (kubeplayer) needs th ruby json gem installed, which is
available as rubygem-json in a foreign home repo, but not in the
official repos of opensuse. How can I import this package to my repo
to fullfil its dependency?
Your project has enabled a certain amount of repositories (or 'distribution'
targets) to build against, each points to a repository of another OBS project
(also called 'paths' in OBS lingo). [1] explains how to add more, note that
you can do that also in the webui.

Json belongs to the std libs from ruby 1.9.x on. I was really
suprised, that a modern distro like opensuse still delivers ruby
1.8.x!
Well, we do have 1.9.x, but it isn't as easy as you think. Packaging both 1.8
and 1.9 in parallel is a lot of work and there's a lot of gems out there that
depend on 1.8.

Footnotes:
[1]
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#Adding_multiple_repositories_to_a_project