[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 12:02:49 +0200
present: speilicke, mls, adrian, coolo

Topics:
=======
* backend server replacements
* source service: new automatic commit
* SoC status
* 2.3 status

backend server replacements
===========================

* We have new hardware for source and binary backend servers.
New systems will be installed and migrated.
Old systems will stay in place for some time, afterwards they
will be used as
- image builder instance
- A test OBS server running our OBS appliances.
- A hudson instance will be evaluated in a XEN guest on
our VM farm first.

source service: new automatic commit
====================================

* Michael wants to implement generated source commits by services
differently. Generated files will be only available on expanded
view (similar to _link handling).
This should improve the history and diff handling.

Michael will create a prototype for rediscussion.

SoC status
==========

Sascha reported from SoC projects:
* osc cleanup and python library creating work is in good progress
* browser testing project evaluates test frameworks
* arch linux support created own git repo to start

Discussion about support of sub directories in sources. The source
server would not have a problem, but it would change the api and all
clients would need to support it.

Most likely the biggest problem would be the support in osc. We may
evaluate this later on.

2.3 status

Topic was postponed to a later meeting today.
But we do still have open issues with request, maintenance and the
project kind handling.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH