Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding a distribution support from scratch
On 16/05/11 10:40, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Thursday, 12. May 2011, 14:49:07 schrieb Ozan Çağlayan:
11-05-2011 10:54 tarihinde, Adrian Schröter yazdı:
I think so. We support already also debian and kiwi packages beside rpm.

I think one big issue is that current OSC/OBS doesn't support pushing a
sub-directory under a package. In Pardus you have separate files and
directories for a source package. Patches and all additional files
resides in files/, some Pardus specific scripts (like post-install and
service) resides in comar/. How can we resolve this limitation?
I don't see a solution in short term, because our REST api would not work with
subdirectories. It was a wanted limitation in the beginning to keep it simple
and
easy to integrate (and we did not needed it for our package formats).

A possible way would be to define filenames like

pardus_files_$NAME

and/or

pardus_comar_$NAME

which would copied to the directory during build.

Why not upload the files as a $package.pardus.tar.gz like debs do for the files under /debian/ ?

Tejas