Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs violates the debian policy §4.9.1
On 04/21/2011 11:03 AM, peer wrote:
On 04/15/2011 08:23 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 15. April 2011, 00:21:37 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
On Thursday 14 April 2011, 22:46:07 Michal Marek wrote:
On 14.4.2011 22:04, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Stephan, you probably misunderstood me. Given, debian require BS to
build their stuff with a single CPU by default, no problem, just
penalize these builds in the scheduler by _lowering_ their priority
with _factor_ 10 (est. avg. 6 CPUs, e.g. estimated to hog a build
node 10 times longer than other projects packages, iow. 10 RPM
builds and then one "single CPU" debian build).
It's 2011. So how about just passing -j1 to the one or two packages
that still don't work, instead of implementing elaborate solutions
that needlessly penalize all deb builds? Mindlessly sticking to
questionable policies kills any progress.
Michal, debian policy _requires_ BS to build debian packages with a
single CPU, if not stated _otherwise_.
understanding this, I have commented out the parallel build parameter in
build script again.

However, we have no switch to enable it again so far.

Ok, thanks.

However the package still seems to fail
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=cdbs4&project=home%3Aopen-studio%3Acdbs&repository=xUbuntu_10.04
This is on a Ubuntu based project. I do assume the parallel build parameter is also commented out on the Debian based projects, e.g. Ubuntu.

Regards,
~P