Re: [opensuse-buildservice] job 'job is nth in queue' indicator
On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, nice, care to show how you would do this for the kernel package as
an example?  It has a very decent build system.

Well, I don't have the kernel sources installed ATM to actually test,
but it would go something like this:

N=$(make --dry-run | grep -c ^CC)

Now you know how many files have to be built. Then, you set up a
variable, each time you build a file you increment it. It can be done
with make, cmake does it, I just don't know the details.

But I wasn't proposing changing any projects - just, you know, lots of
projects are built with cmake, and a simple regex can find the last
status report by cmake, which has the percentage in it. Those would
benefit, other projects probably not, at least not without adding
progress reporting to their makefiles.