Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs violates the debian policy §4.9.1
On Thursday 14 April 2011, 22:46:07 Michal Marek wrote:
On 14.4.2011 22:04, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Stephan, you probably misunderstood me. Given, debian require BS to
build their stuff with a single CPU by default, no problem, just
penalize these builds in the scheduler by _lowering_ their priority
with _factor_ 10 (est. avg. 6 CPUs, e.g. estimated to hog a build
node 10 times longer than other projects packages, iow. 10 RPM
builds and then one "single CPU" debian build).

It's 2011. So how about just passing -j1 to the one or two packages
that still don't work, instead of implementing elaborate solutions
that needlessly penalize all deb builds? Mindlessly sticking to
questionable policies kills any progress.

Michal, debian policy _requires_ BS to build debian packages with a
single CPU, if not stated _otherwise_.

Your suggestion is fine, but it doesn't fit the the problem in question.
Please note the $subject, and what both debian packagers in this thread
say.

As long as they stick to their _policy_ and some of their developers
_insist_ in complying to it, how can you avoid to "still violating the
debian policy §4.9.1", or take the whole burden of fixing _their_
sillyness.

Probably, I should consult an attorney before further commenting to this
thread.

Pete