Re: [opensuse-buildservice] .oscignore to ignore tarballs downloaded by source service?
Michal Marek wrote:
On 13.4.2011 14:16, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2011-04-13 11:36:25 +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
To avoid having to upload the 70M+ linux tarball each time
you branch the package in the buildservice, I would like to use the
download_url service to let the server download it. But at the same
time, I would like to have the tarball locally as before, so that plain
rpmbuild works. But then I need to tell osc to ignore the linux tarball
and avoid messages like this:

Hmm what about the following:
Either
- use "osc service run" in the package working copy so that osc
executes the source services locally (it'll create the
_service:download_url:linux... file)
- or run "osc up -S" to download the
"_service:download_url:linux..." file from the obs

In both cases osc won't bother you when doing the commit.

The problem is how to support plain rpmbuild, which expects
linux-$version.tar.bz2, at the same time.

That use case likely wasn't thought of. Those _service:* files are
ugly anyways IMO. Maybe we should just get rid of them and implement
services differently.
The obs services could for example write an index file that lists
all files maintained by source services. osc could then read that
index and ignore the files listed in it. The obs server side must
then deny pushing files listed in the index instead of matching for
_service:*.

cu
Ludwig

--