Re: [opensuse-buildservice] .oscignore to ignore tarballs downloaded by source service?
On 13.4.2011 14:16, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
Hi,

On 2011-04-13 11:36:25 +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
I see there is no way to set ignore patterns on a per-package basis,
i.e. some .oscignore or rather _oscignore file. Would you accept a patch
that adds such feature?

I'm always happy about patches:) (I'm even more happy if a testcase is
attached, too:)) (to implement such a feature these files should be
marked with state "S" (skipped)).

OK.

To avoid having to upload the 70M+ linux tarball each time
you branch the package in the buildservice, I would like to use the
download_url service to let the server download it. But at the same
time, I would like to have the tarball locally as before, so that plain
rpmbuild works. But then I need to tell osc to ignore the linux tarball
and avoid messages like this:

Hmm what about the following:
Either
- use "osc service run" in the package working copy so that osc
executes the source services locally (it'll create the
_service:download_url:linux... file)
- or run "osc up -S" to download the
"_service:download_url:linux..." file from the obs

In both cases osc won't bother you when doing the commit.

The problem is how to support plain rpmbuild, which expects
linux-$version.tar.bz2, at the same time.

Michal