[opensuse-buildservice] .oscignore to ignore tarballs downloaded by source service?
Hi,

I see there is no way to set ignore patterns on a per-package basis,
i.e. some .oscignore or rather _oscignore file. Would you accept a patch
that adds such feature?

The problem I'm trying to solve is following: The kernel-source package
is maintained in a git repository and a script exists to generate a
source package that can be built using rpmbuild, osc build or the
buildservice. To avoid having to upload the 70M+ linux tarball each time
you branch the package in the buildservice, I would like to use the
download_url service to let the server download it. But at the same
time, I would like to have the tarball locally as before, so that plain
rpmbuild works. But then I need to tell osc to ignore the linux tarball
and avoid messages like this:

$ osc ci
File "linux-2.6.38.tar.bz2" is listed in package meta but does not exist.
(s)kip/(r)emove/(e)dit file lists/(c)ommit/(A)bort?

I *could* save the tarball as
"_service:download_url:linux-2.6.38.tar.bz2", which osc properly
ignores, and handle such filename in the %prep section, but that would
be really hackish. Being able to just do

echo "linux-$version.tar.bz2" >kernel-source/_oscignore

when generating the source package would be much cleaner.

Thanks,
Michal