Re: [opensuse-buildservice] .build/.same_result_marker: No such file or directory
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
2011/4/6 Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
In the Packman BS xine-lib has this problem with build-compare. When
trying to create the ".same_result_marker" it seems the ".build"
directory doesn't exist.
The problem happens with all x86-64 versions (i586 usually compare as
different because of a plugin), and doesn't happen with other
packages.

http://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=xine-lib&project=Essentials&repository=openSUSE_11.4

Any idea??
Nothing in the spec file could delete "/.build" since it would have no
permission, so no idea how this is package specific.

Bug in build script. Fixed in git now.

Thanks.
I don't see how the build package gets triggered for installation
(isn't in Factort prjconf as Preinstall or Support). If I would patch
the package in Packman would it trigger a rebuild of everything?

You need to deploy the new build script on the workers. The package
inside the build root doesn't matter in this case.

Or, there is a way to avoid the problem with xine-lib? I still don't
see why the problem happens only with this package.

It should happen with all builds that didn't change according to
build compare. The bug only affects workers that use chroot instead
of xen/kvm.

cu
Ludwig

--