Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Retrieving package version numbers
On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 03:08:01PM +0200, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [2011-04-05 09:04]:
I don't think it is currently possible to create per-application
accounts which are not bound to a person but can be distributed
with an application, is it?

right, it isn't.

And I wonder if this should be possible ever, because following our
rule developers first for the api, it should be always bound to persons.

So the application would need to ask the user for login/password.

If we want to have something public for end users, we should transfer
the data to another host on deliver it from there. This host would be
able to work way more efficient, because it does not need to do
all kinds of permission checks.

What is the use case for your example ?

That would be a simple version checking framework for monitoring
the versions of upstream projects and corresponding packages in
automated build services like OBS.

Well, my scripts run just osc ls, osc cat. ;)

(actually meta data dump for O:F too ;)

Ciao, Marcus