[opensuse-buildservice] OBS team meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:54:40 +0200

OBS team meeting

present: mls, saschpe, coolo, adrian

* OBS server reliabilty
* discussion about how to offer anonymous access to api
* OBS 2.3 feature status
* OBS 2.1.7 release

server reliabilty

api/build.o.o has a number of issues atm:

* It had an unfriendly admin (adrian) who messed up the config this night.
he wears a brown paper bag.

* publisher killed source server via large index updates on accidental
openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC publish
=> drop timeout in publisher to fix this

* iChain remains to block connections, we work parallel on
- fixing the issue
- workarounding the issue for api.o.o
- getting a long term solution

discussion about how to offer anonymous access to api

We consider to open defined routes for anonymous access.
We need to understand the usages for anonymous access, please
send us descriptions what exactly your application shall do.

OBS 2.3 maintenance feature status

* project _meta file will get add type="maintenance|maintenance_incident"
in root element.

* /architecture(s) will
- report all in api defined architectures
- can filter if they were ever used as scheduling arch in backend
by using available(=1) CGI parameter
- can filter if the architecture should be used by default
by using recommended(=1) CGI parameter

<directory count="3" >
<entry name="i586" available="1" recommended="1" />
<entry name="ppc" available="1" />
<entry name="s390" />

* We need a working and supported http server stack. We evaluate
apache & mod_rails for the OBS appliance atm.
lighttpd X-Rewrite speed optimization can be done by mod_xforward
apache module (written by us)

We try to reach 2.3 Beta 1 state ASAP. Beside the features above we need:

* delta rpm generation in backend. (mls)

* Maintenance project must refer to maintained projects (sascha/adrian)

* WebUI maintenance overview (sascha)

Candidate for 2.3:

* move config options to options.yml (mrueckert)

OBS 2.1.7 release

Current OBS 2.1.6 fails to build against remote projects of OBS 2.3 servers,
when projects use new features like locking, releasetarget or special project

We will release to 2.1.7 to support building against such projects.

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH