Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Retrieving package version numbers
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:59:55 +0200
Am Montag, 4. April 2011, 16:50:05 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [2011-04-04 16:08]:
Am Montag, 4. April 2011, 15:22:02 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
* Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> [2011-04-04 13:02]:
Am Montag, 4. April 2011 schrieb Vita Cizek:
On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 01:55:00PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag, 4. April 2011 schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
Hello,

is there a way to retrieve the version number of a package,
possibly even through the publically accessible part of the API?

For factory packages you can retrieve a summary with
osc api /status/project/openSUSE:Factory

Is the /status URL documented somewhere?
I can't find it at https://api.opensuse.org/apidocs/

I'd like to retrieve version number for a single package.

Then better use
osc api '/source/openSUSE:Factory/perl?view=info&parse=1'

Michael implemented this last week.

Through /public/source/<project>/<package>?view=info&parse=1
it is publically accessible.

This is pure luck due to a miss configuration in lighttpd setup.

(small note, it is not the lighttpd setup, but the public controller)

Please never ever use /public, it is just for remote OBS instances
and may change at any time.

It is not part of official api.

That's unfortunate, is there any reason why this cannot be made
publically accessible?

Yes, the api is for developers in first place. We do not want to have
random load (and some requests can create a lot load) on our server
without control about it.

So we may abadone /public and ask our remote instances to use at login
at some point of time.

The information can already be obtained
as described in my intial mail, although that is quite a kludge
and inefficient as it requires several instead of a single
request.

Just create a user and use /source directly. If that user creates too
much load we can block it and talk back to you in that situation for
a solution.
Otherwise we do need to block entire IPs or access
to /public in general.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH