Re: [opensuse-buildservice] automatic release numbering
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 08:02:51PM +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
I know this is frequently asked and I pretty much understand how it
works but I currently see one issue:

The example is the avahi package in project openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1

All spec files in the package have
Release: 9.<RELEASE12>

But the build logs show:

I have the following modifications for avahi.spec:
36c36
< Release: 9.<RELEASE12>
---
Release: 9.6.1

Could somebody please explain or rather tell me how to fix it?

That's because your avahi package is a link, and the "RELEASE"
hint (which actually just is a crude workaround that will be
removed some day) does not work for links. (The check in count is
reset when the version changes, but links do not have a fixed
version.)

Cheers,
Michael.

--