Re: [opensuse-buildservice] automatic release numbering
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:28:07 -0400
On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 14:02, Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I know this is frequently asked and I pretty much understand how it
works but I currently see one issue:

The example is the avahi package in project openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1

All spec files in the package have
Release:  9.<RELEASE12>

But the build logs show:

I have the following modifications for avahi.spec:
36c36
< Release:        9.<RELEASE12>
---
Release:        9.6.1

Could somebody please explain or rather tell me how to fix it?

The other following issue has been an issue for a long time but I'm not
sure I reported it in detail yet.

I regularly notice that in devel:tools:scm/mercurial:
It gets patch level updates pretty often and currently has (according to
the specfile)
Version:  1.8.1
Release:  1
as it was updated a few days ago with the new 1.8.1 version.
Still OBS internally always increases the "source change" count:

I have the following modifications for mercurial.spec:
32c32
< Release:        1
---
Release:        42.1

It _seems_ to me that it's happening only for branched/linked packages
against openSUSE:Factory (or probably any other link target) but still
it looks wrong to me.

This happens to every package built in the openSUSE Build Service.
The build service always replaces the Release with <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>
which expands to (commit count).(build count).
You can modify what Release expands out to in the prjconf.

(In my prjconf, I use "Release: <CI_CNT>" only.)

--
later, Robert Xu