[opensuse-buildservice] automatic release numbering
Hi,

I know this is frequently asked and I pretty much understand how it
works but I currently see one issue:

The example is the avahi package in project openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1

All spec files in the package have
Release: 9.<RELEASE12>

But the build logs show:

I have the following modifications for avahi.spec:
36c36
< Release: 9.<RELEASE12>
---
Release: 9.6.1

Could somebody please explain or rather tell me how to fix it?

The other following issue has been an issue for a long time but I'm not
sure I reported it in detail yet.

I regularly notice that in devel:tools:scm/mercurial:
It gets patch level updates pretty often and currently has (according to
the specfile)
Version: 1.8.1
Release: 1
as it was updated a few days ago with the new 1.8.1 version.
Still OBS internally always increases the "source change" count:

I have the following modifications for mercurial.spec:
32c32
< Release: 1
---
Release: 42.1

It _seems_ to me that it's happening only for branched/linked packages
against openSUSE:Factory (or probably any other link target) but still
it looks wrong to me.

Wolfgang