Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs violates the debian policy §4.9.1
On 04/03/2011 12:55 AM, Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Saturday April 2 2011 21:51:24 peer wrote:
On 04/02/2011 08:20 PM, Stephan Kleine wrote:
On Saturday April 2 2011 19:13:48 you wrote:
Here is the bug report

Well, it is obvious that the debian folks don´t care about anything
outside their ivory tower. I meant filing a bug at the cdbs upstream
that their build scripts are broken cause being unable to build in
parallel _is_ a bug IMHO, so they would perhaps fix this.
Er, sry, I forgot what cdbs is, seems like you are screwed ;P

But more seriously, not doing the builds in parallel is just a waste of
time and resources and debian& buntu builds already take much longer
than rpm builds (e.g. during package install) so disabling parallel
builds to please some broken packages isn't an option imho. Simply wait
till a way to disable them in the packages meta data is implemented and
fix it in the meantime by adding "-j1" to your make call.
You didn't read the reply by the author well. The package is not broken,
it's a choice to have the package like it is.
You misunderstood me. The packages source _is_ broken cause it can't be built
in parallel. So their (debian) packaging is fine but the packages (cdbs´)
build scripts contain a bug that screw you over if you build it in parallel.

Simply fix that and send the patch upstream.
You could be right on this, I'll report it back. But this doesn't change the fact that obs is broken also. Again, I think violating the Debian policy is a fundamental bug and obs should fix this imho.

~P