Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs violates the debian policy §4.9.1
On Saturday April 2 2011 19:13:48 you wrote:
Here is the bug report

Well, it is obvious that the debian folks don´t care about anything outside
their ivory tower. I meant filing a bug at the cdbs upstream that their
build scripts are broken cause being unable to build in parallel _is_ a
bug IMHO, so they would perhaps fix this.

Er, sry, I forgot what cdbs is, seems like you are screwed ;P

But more seriously, not doing the builds in parallel is just a waste of time
and resources and debian & buntu builds already take much longer than rpm
builds (e.g. during package install) so disabling parallel builds to please
some broken packages isn't an option imho. Simply wait till a way to disable
them in the packages meta data is implemented and fix it in the meantime by
adding "-j1" to your make call.