[opensuse-buildservice] Options to use 'mknod' in OBS?
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:38:13 -0600
I'm working with a bit of legacy code that's apparently writing files manually for an initial ramdisk (initrd).

In its makefile, it's using 'mknod -m 660 tty1 c 4 1'

This causes issues with OBS, as mknod doesn't work for non-root users, IIRC.

I know OBS executes builds as user 'abuild', and it makes sense to me to have a nonprivileged user doing the build.

Since running builds as root is verboten, what options do I have to build this package with OBS?

(Note: I am using my own OBS server/build nodes, not build.opensuse.org)
--
Troy Telford