From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 29. maaliskuuta 2011 14:37
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Seppanen Ville
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Virtualizing OBS worker build environment
with OpenVZ or LXC

Am Dienstag, 29. März 2011, 14:10:38 schrieb Ville.Seppanen@xxxxxxxxx:
Greetings,

Is there any work being done for OpenVZ, LXC or other OS-level virtualization
support for the build
environment in OBS?

I am doing my Master's thesis on extending OBS to the cloud. Seeing that
Amazon Web Services uses Xen for
virtualization (and thus does not support Xen/KVM inside it), and that building
without a sandboxed environment
is not safe, OpenVZ and LXC would seem promising. There's also much talk about
using these technologies in AWS,
so I would see it possible.

We support XEN, KVM and LXC atm. Check the sources here :

http://www.gitorious.org/opensuse/build

However, amazon EC2 is not support because the XEN support requires
currently control over the Dom0

Best Regards,
Ville Seppänen
Tieto Corporation